Finally, a textbook company you want to work with.
Our world revolves around instructors. When it comes to finding the perfect textbook, you shouldn’t have to choose between high quality and fair pricing.
Education unleashes potential. As Thomas Friedman put it, “when the world is flat, anyone with smarts, access to Google, and a cheap wireless laptop can join the innovation fray.” At FlatWorld, we’d add “a great educator and an affordable textbook” to that list.
Instructors are the key to education.
We believe the best results come from putting educators back at the center of higher education.
Textbooks should be affordable.
We’re rewriting the rules of textbook economics to make textbooks affordable again.
Quality and affordability can go hand-in-hand.
We keep our prices low and our standards high. Take a look at the prestigious authors and peer reviewers who choose to partner with us.
Life is complicated, keep things simple.
Technology should simplify life for instructors and students. We built a system that just works. We give you everything you need to succeed, starting from day one.
Active listening is the way we improve.
When was the last time your textbook company asked how they were doing? We actively seek out feedback from our instructors and students. That’s how we improve our product. That’s how we get better.
Your course, your way.
The best materials are the ones that fit the course and the ones that students use. Whether in print or digital, our textbooks are available ready-to-go or easy to customize.
The FlatWorld Story
Published catalog of over 145 high-quality titles across 20+ disciplines
Professors at over 2,000 colleges and universities teach with a FlatWorld textbook
Awarded the first FlatWorld Scholarship
FlatWorld Homework released and redesigned online reader
The modern FlatWorld launched
- Sierra College Rocklin, CA
- Metropolitan State University-Saint Paul Saint Paul, MN
- Mohawk Valley Community College Utica, NY
- New England College of Business and Finance Boston, MA
- Portland State University Portland, OR
- The Community College of Baltimore County Baltimore, MD
- University of Oregon Eugene, OR
- Brigham Young University-Idaho Rexburg, ID
- University of Massachusetts-Amherst Amherst, MA
- University of Dayton Dayton, OH
- The University of Texas at Tyler Tyler, TX
- Bellevue University Bellevue, NE
- Columbia College-Columbia Columbia, MO
- Austin Community College District Austin, TX
- Indian River State College Fort Pierce, FL
- Florida International University Miami, FL
- California State University-Sacramento Sacramento, CA
- Florida State University Tallahassee, FL
- The University of Texas at San Antonio San Antonio, TX
- Ohio State University - Main Campus Columbus, OH
- Southwest Tennessee Community College Memphis, TN
- Surry Community College Dobson, NC
- Colorado State University-Global Campus Greenwood Village, CO
- The University of Texas at Austin Austin, TX
- James Madison University Harrisonburg, VA
- Georgetown University Washington, DC
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Chapel Hill, NC
- Palm Beach State College Lake Worth, FL
- University of Maryland-College Park College Park, MD
- The University of Tennessee - Chattanooga Chattanooga, TN
- South Puget Sound Community College Olympia, WA
- Dean College Franklin, MA
- Seattle Central College Seattle, WA
- Auburn University Auburn, AL
- University of Richmond University of Richmond, VA
- The University of Tennessee-Knoxville Knoxville, TN
- Pennsylvania State University - Main Campus University Park, PA
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Champaign, IL
- California Polytechnic State University-San Luis Obispo San Luis Obispo, CA
- University of Georgia Athens, GA
- Arizona State University-Tempe Tempe, AZ
- Georgia Institute of Technology-Main Campus Atlanta, GA
- University of Rhode Island Kingston, RI
- American River College Sacramento, CA
- Western Washington University Bellingham, WA
- Northern Illinois University Dekalb, IL
- Fordham University Bronx, NY
- Texas A & M University - Commerce Commerce, TX
- Pennsylvania State University - World Campus University Park, PA
- Ohio University - Main Campus Athens, OH
- University of Alabama at Birmingham Birmingham, AL
- University of Central Florida Orlando, FL
- University of Massachusetts-Lowell Lowell, MA
- West Chester University of Pennsylvania - WCUPA West Chester, PA
- Boston College Chestnut Hill, MA
- Monterey Peninsula College Monterey, CA
- North Georgia Technical College Clarkesville, GA
- Illinois State University Normal, IL
- University of California-Los Angeles Los Angeles, CA
- Marshall University Huntington, WV
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte Charlotte, NC
- California State University-Northridge Northridge, CA
- Edmonds Community College Lynnwood, WA
- Northeastern University Boston, MA
- Central Washington University Ellensburg, WA
- Brigham Young University-Provo Provo, UT
- Luzerne County Community College Nanticoke, PA
- Stanford University Stanford, CA
- University of Minnesota-Twin Cities Minneapolis, MN
- The University of Texas at Dallas Richardson, TX
- American University Washington, DC
- Pepperdine University Malibu, CA
- University of Mississippi University, MS
- Colorado State University-Fort Collins Fort Collins, CO
- Trine University Angola, IN
How do we keep our content fresh, our standards high, and our prices so low?
A faster, more efficient way to publish content. Our advanced authoring and publishing platform allows authors to create content directly in our system. Once published, the updated content immediately renders across all our platforms including online and print versions.
Standardized book design
One look, hundreds of textbooks. Our standardized textbook layout speeds up production, streamlines shipping, and quickly delivers fresh, new content from our authors to our instructors. Focusing on what’s important allows us to get new and updated books to the market faster.
The best price is our website. By giving the option to purchase directly from us, we pass on our distribution savings directly to students.
Print on Demand
When you buy, we print. No footprint from large warehouses filled with textbooks slowly going out of date. Our full-color and bound textbooks are printed on demand and shipped direct.
Our Management Team
CFO & COO
Vice President, Product & Editorial
Director of Engineering
Head of Marketing
Customer Service & Sales Operations Manager
“We see the educator continuing to be the catalyst or accelerant at the heart of that process. So, technology should focus on helping the instructor, leveraging their knowledge, skill, and dedication, rather than simply seeking to automate them away.” Alastair Adam
“FlatWorld, which touts tomes for under $30, has this first quarter of 2018 added 11 titles to its total menu of 125 texts, saw the number of professors assigning…”
Breaking Rules of Pricey Textbook Market Pays Off for FlatWorldBostinno
“The textbook publishing industry was lulled into an uncompetitive stupor by 20-plus years of price-driven growth and high margins,…”
This 1 Particular Area of EdTech Is Ripe for Disruption. 3 Things You Need to KnowEntrepreneur