Modern Corporate Finance: Theory and PracticeVersion 8.0 By: Donald R. Chambers and Nelson J. Lacey
This book is available with FlatWorld's Homework System at no additional cost to your students. Learn more
- Hands-on application to reinforce essential points of finance theory.
- Demonstration problems that take the students step-by-step to the solution.
- Review questions, extensive problem sets, and discussion questions.
This textbook is suitable for the following courses: undergraduate-level Introductory Finance and Financial Management. It can also be adopted at the MBA level.
Modern Corporate Finance combines a forward-looking vision of corporate finance with the tried and true practices of the past. With a clear and concise approach, the authors emphasize the modernist movement in finance, which is based on systematic methodology with an emphasis on deductive reasoning and empirical validation. These concepts are not usually taught at an introductory level, due to the lack of teaching resources available. This book was written to fill that void.
New in This Version
- Updated time-specific content throughout the text. These updates include descriptive changes such as recognizing corporate reorganizations and content changes including updates to data tables.
- Expanded coverage of the use of financial calculators, including a new workshop (7.2) devoted to the use of the NPV and IRR functions found on advanced calculators.
- New chapter opening learning objectives and online quizzes that are integrated into the online book.
- Expanded supplement program, including a test item file, online test generator, full instructor's manual, PowerPoint lecture notes, and new online homework system.
FlatWorld Homework includes multi-format questions written specifically for your FlatWorld book, which you can access through our stand-alone interface or integrate with your learning management system.
Request a demo
The Instructor’s Manual guides you through the main concepts of each chapter and important elements such as learning objectives, key terms, and key takeaways. Can include answers to chapter exercises, group activity suggestions, and discussion questions.
PowerPoint Lecture Notes
A PowerPoint presentation highlighting key learning objectives and the main concepts for each chapter are available for you to use in your classroom. You can either cut and paste sections or use the presentation as a whole.
PowerPoint Lecture Notes
Test Generator - powered by Cognero
FlatWorld has partnered with Cognero, a leading online assessment system, that allows you to create printable tests from FlatWorld provided content.
Test Bank Files for Import to Learning Management Systems
For your convenience, we've packaged our test items for easy import into Learning Management Systems like Blackboard, Brightspace/D2L, Canvas, Moodle, or Respondus.
For exercises that need a little more explanation, our Solutions Manual will take you step by step through solving the problem and offer explanations on the answer.
Test Item File
Need assistance in supplementing your quizzes and tests? Our test-item files (in Word format) contain many multiple-choice, fill-in-the-blank, and short-answer questions.
At FlatWorld, we take pride in providing a range of high-quality supplements alongside our titles, to help instructors teach effectively. Supplements are available for instructors who have registered their adoption with us. If you need to review or preview something specific, please contact us.
Already registered? Sign in here
- Removed text about Instructor's Manual supplement from the Preface. (12/31/19)