By Laura Portolese, Jaclyn A. Krause, and Julie R. Bonner
- A focus on service-oriented businesses.
- Small-business examples that make concepts engaging and relatable.
- Multimedia content in every chapter to engage visual learners.
- Captivating opening cases focused on smaller businesses and start-ups.
- “How Would You Handle It?” callout boxes that pose real-life challenges and questions to readers.
- “Leveraging” callout boxes that explain how to leverage outside resources to make business decisions.
- Interactive end-of-chapter activities.
Entrepreneurship provides accessible and practical content for students hoping to start their own businesses. It also provides students with a strong basis for innovative thinking, which can be applied to any field or career they pursue. With a focus on service-oriented businesses, this text uses real-world examples, multimedia content, and thought-provoking callouts to engage students and make concepts relatable. Together, these features make this academically-focused book easy to read and understand.
FlatWorld Homework includes multi-format questions written specifically for your FlatWorld book, which you can access through our stand-alone interface or integrate with your learning management system.
Request a demo
The Instructor’s Manual guides you through the main concepts of each chapter and important elements such as learning objectives, key terms, and key takeaways. Can include answers to chapter exercises, group activity suggestions, and discussion questions.
PowerPoint Lecture Notes
A PowerPoint presentation highlighting key learning objectives and the main concepts for each chapter are available for you to use in your classroom. You can either cut and paste sections or use the presentation as a whole.
PowerPoint Lecture Notes
Test Generator - powered by Cognero
FlatWorld has partnered with Cognero, a leading online assessment system, that allows you to create printable tests from FlatWorld provided content.
Test Bank Files for Import to Learning Management Systems
For your convenience, we've packaged our test items for easy import into Learning Management Systems like Blackboard, Brightspace/D2L, Canvas, Moodle, or Respondus.
Test Item File
Need assistance in supplementing your quizzes and tests? Our test-item files (in Word format) contain many multiple-choice, fill-in-the-blank, and short-answer questions.
At FlatWorld, we take pride in providing a range of high-quality supplements alongside our titles, to help instructors teach effectively. Supplements are available for instructors who have registered their adoption with us. If you need to review or preview something specific, please contact us.
Already registered? Sign in here
- Added "t" to "Central Washington University" in Laura Portolese's author biography in the front matter. Was previously "Cenral Washington University." (3/19/19)
- Changed "Association" to "Administration" in Chapter 1 Section 1. (10/10/19)
- Changed "Association" to "Administration" in Chapter 1 Section 3. (10/10/19)
- Removed extra instance of "in the next sectionn" in Chapter 3 Section 2. (10/10/19)
- Changed "They Siddles" to "The Siddles" in Chapter 8 opener. (10/10/19)
- Changed "Deanna" to "Deana" in Chapter 8 opener. (10/10/19)
- On 10/28/20, we added the following content to this book:
- "Consider the COVID-19 crisis and the amount of losses small businesses suffered as a result of being forced to close by local and state governments. In this case, the government is the boss, in a way!" to Section 1.4.
- "During the COVID-19 crisis, some entrepreneurs were unprepared for a full close of their businesses. To handle unexpected crises,..." to Section 2.5.
- "Consider the COVID-19 crisis and the fact many small business had to shut down. Because of this, variable costs were lower because business owners didn’t need to order supplies or pay employees. However, fixed costs, such as the cost of rent or a loan, were still present." to Section 5.2.
- A new "What Would You Do" callout box to Section 6.4.
- "Similarly, the COVID-19 crisis has left many small businesses constrained by government laws in regard to if, when, and how they will able to open. Planning for these types of constraints ahead of time can play an important role in helping you to deal with planned and unplanned changes and requirements." to Section 9.2.
- New COVID-19 content to the "Crisis Situations and Planning Before Change Occurs" Section of Section 9.4.
- "There may also be special circumstances such as the COVID-19 pandemic, which required all interviews to be conducted via video conferencing, as opposed to in-person." to Section 10.1
- "Some situations may allow for orientation to occur fully online or via video conferencing, as many small business owners needed to do during the COVID-19 pandemic." to Section 10.2.
- New COVID-19 content and a new photo to Section 12.2.
- Replaced broken link in Chapter 1 Section 1 "Interactive Activity" and in the paragraph starting "There are additional benefits..." in Chapter 1 Section 3 (4/30/21)
- Replaced "Use Entrepreneurship to Reinvent Yourself" video in Chapter 1 Section 3(4/30/21)