Essentials of Organizational Behavior: Bridging Science and PracticeVersion 3.0 By: Talya Bauer and Berrin Erdogan
This book is available with FlatWorld's Homework System at no additional cost to your students. Learn more
- Provides the most critical, evidence-based organizational behavior (OB) topics in a compact form. The student text numbers 390 pages.
- Organized around core values and beliefs about teaching and learning organizational behavior:
- Understanding OB principles and how to apply them greatly impacts the effectiveness of an employee or leader.
- Evidence-based research is the foundation of OB.
- Different students learn in diverse ways.
- There is no substitute for active, hands-on learning.
- Flexible delivery enables student success.
- Encourages learners to think about the interpersonal implications of their own and others' actions, understand how to pursue goals more effectively, and become better communicators.
- Integrates ethical discussions and global contexts into every chapter.
- Extensive update to Chapter 1, "Organizational Behavior at Work."
- Coverage of perception moved to Chapter 11, "Perceptions, Decisions, and Creativity at Work."
- Case studies with discussion questions to support each chapter are gathered into one, easy-to-find 16-page appendix that enables flexibility to cover or omit cases based on faculty preferences.
- Rich and useful learning strategies embedded in the book include:
- Chapter-ending "OB Toolbox" thought exercises provide specific suggestions about meeting challenges students may encounter today.
- "What Do You Think?" features pose situations for student reflection and thought about reconciling their values with common business situations they may encounter in the future.
- Individual and interactive group exercises bring the material to life.
Essentials of Organizational Behavior: Bridging Science and Practice, Version 3.0 is suitable for undergraduate and MBA-level courses on organizational behavior taught in either two- or four-year colleges and universities.
Essentials is based on the same themes and approaches that make the longer Organizational Behavior: Bridging Science and Practice, Version 3.0, a market-leading textbook. This briefer book covers just the core topics in organizational behavior. It offers faculty who want to assign a more concise treatment of organizational behavior an effective way to bridge the gap between theory and practice of management with the distinct, experiential approach for which Bauer and Erdogan are known. Essentials provides the most timely and relevant vocabulary, framework, and critical thinking skills necessary to diagnose situations, ask tough questions, evaluate answers received, and act in an effective and ethical manner regardless of situational characteristics.
FlatWorld Homework includes multi-format questions written specifically for your FlatWorld book, which you can access through our stand-alone interface or integrate with your learning management system.
Request a demo
The Instructor’s Manual guides you through the main concepts of each chapter and important elements such as learning objectives, key terms, and key takeaways. Can include answers to chapter exercises, group activity suggestions, and discussion questions.
PowerPoint Lecture Notes
A PowerPoint presentation highlighting key learning objectives and the main concepts for each chapter are available for you to use in your classroom. You can either cut and paste sections or use the presentation as a whole.
PowerPoint Lecture Notes
Test Generator - powered by Cognero
FlatWorld has partnered with Cognero, a leading online assessment system, that allows you to create printable tests from FlatWorld provided content.
Test Bank Files for Import to Learning Management Systems
For your convenience, we've packaged our test items for easy import into Learning Management Systems like Blackboard, Brightspace/D2L, Canvas, Moodle, or Respondus.
Test Item File
Need assistance in supplementing your quizzes and tests? Our test-item files (in Word format) contain many multiple-choice, fill-in-the-blank, and short-answer questions.
Solutions manuals, sample exams, video learning segments, workbooks, cases and lab manuals are just some of the extras our books will offer depending on the needs of the course. Click here to see what this textbook offers.
At FlatWorld, we take pride in providing a range of high-quality supplements alongside our titles, to help instructors teach effectively. Supplements are available for instructors who have registered their adoption with us. If you need to review or preview something specific, please contact us.
Already registered? Sign in here
- Removed reference to Zimbardo in Chapter 13.1. July 15, 2019.