Organizational Behavior: Bridging Science and PracticeVersion 4.0 By: Talya Bauer and Berrin Erdogan
- The text is organized around core values regarding effectively teaching and learning organizational behavior including that:
- Organizational behavior (OB) matters.
- Evidence-based research is the foundation of OB.
- Different students learn in different ways.
- There is no substitute for hands-on learning.
- Learning the language of OB helps you be more effective in the workplace.
- Technology can greatly enhance learning.
- Flexibility in teaching delivery allows for student success.
- Encourages learners to examine and work through the interpersonal implications of their own and others’ actions, understand how to pursue goals more effectively, and become better communicators.
- Integrates global contexts into every chapter.
- Rich and useful learning strategies embedded in the book include:
- Chapter-Opening Cases accompanied by Case Discussion Questions provide real-world context for the chapter to come.
- Learning Objectives start each main section to preview the chapter and prepare students to learn.
- Key Takeaways at the end of every main section to summarize new information while it is still fresh and encourage retention.
- What Do You Think? Scenarios at the end of every main section pose situations for student reflection and thought about reconciling their values with common business situations they may encounter in the future.
- Surveys and other self-assessments in every chapter help learners develop a better understanding of themselves as leaders, employees, and colleagues.
- OB Toolbox features provide specific suggestions students can immediately use at work as well as saving for future reference.
- Ethical dilemmas as well as individual exercises and group exercises at the end of every chapter provide rich and interactive learning opportunities.
- Chapter-Closing Cases accompanied by Case Discussion Questions provide real-world context for the chapter covered.
Organizational Behavior: Bridging Science and Practice is suitable for undergraduate and MBA-level courses usually called Organizational Behavior taught in either two- or four-year colleges and universities.
Organizational Behavior: Bridging Science and Practice incorporates effective ways to bridge the gap between the theory and practice of management with the distinct, experiential, and evidence-based approach for which this book is known. Organizational Behavior provides the most timely and relevant concepts, vocabulary, frameworks, and critical-thinking skills necessary to diagnose situations, ask tough questions, evaluate answers received, and act in an effective and ethical manner taking into consideration the specific situational characteristics. For those interested in using simulations, Version 4.0 is aligned with Lead: The Simulation to provide a rich, online learning experience.
New in This Version
- Integrated coverage of the coronavirus pandemic and its impact on the workplace and human interactions.
- Includes a new main section in each chapter that combines a discussion of ethics and technology implications, such as big data, analytics, online privacy concerns, and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliance issues.
- Each chapter features a new Chapter-Opening Case. New cases include companies and leaders at Cayuga Collection, Gap, Inc., Fully, Zoom, PepsiCo, Patagonia, SpaceX, IKEA, Kind, Google, Detroit Bikes, StitchFix, Southwest Airlines, Campbell Soup Company, and Costco.
- New small, medium, large, and not-for-profit businesses and NGOs and associated examples are featured throughout the book.
- All Chapter-End Cases are fully updated. They include companies and leaders at Brew Dr. Kombucha and Tea, Salesforce.com, Netflix, SAS, Walt Disney Company, REI, NASA, Slack, Lego, Amazon, Microsoft, Apple, Alibaba, Kronos, and General Motors.
- Version 4.0’s narrative was streamlined to express key concepts more concisely and powerfully than ever before, thereby reducing overall length.
- Supplements include a fully revised Best OB Case Studies casebook composed of the most popular cases that appeared in previous versions of the main text. The authors have brought each case fully up to date. This free casebook is only available to adopters in a digital version that can be shared with students or it can be included in a printed, customized student version along with the main text. Case-based discussion questions, answer guidelines, and test items with answers are included in the instructor materials.
- Previous versions of this book have been awarded the Textbook Excellence Award from the Textbook and Academic Authors Association.
The Instructor’s Manual guides you through the main concepts of each chapter and important elements such as learning objectives, key terms, and key takeaways. Can include answers to chapter exercises, group activity suggestions, and discussion questions.
PowerPoint Lecture Notes
A PowerPoint presentation highlighting key learning objectives and the main concepts for each chapter are available for you to use in your classroom. You can either cut and paste sections or use the presentation as a whole.
PowerPoint Lecture Notes
Test Item File
Need assistance in supplementing your quizzes and tests? Our test-item files (in Word format) contain many multiple-choice, fill-in-the-blank, and short-answer questions.
Sample syllabi provide useful templates to help new faculty adopters revise their teaching plans to match their assigned FlatWorld textbook or lend insights to existing adopters on how to organize their classes.Download
Solutions manuals, sample exams, video learning segments, workbooks, cases and lab manuals are just some of the extras our books will offer depending on the needs of the course. Click here to see what this textbook offers.
At FlatWorld, we take pride in providing a range of high-quality supplements alongside our titles, to help instructors teach effectively. Supplements are available for instructors who have registered their adoption with us. If you need to review or preview something specific, please contact us.
Already registered? Sign in here