The Power of SellingVersion 2.0 By: Kimberly Richmond
This book is available with FlatWorld's Homework System at no additional cost to your students. Learn more
- Real-world context that provides insights into how effective selling is actually accomplished.
- Focus on core selling tenets for easy adoption.
- New chapter dedicated to social selling and the role of LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and other platforms in the buying and selling process.
- Video “Ride-Alongs,” which feature sales professionals talking about key concepts in each chapter.
- Selling U section in each chapter applies the concepts covered in the chapter to a student’s job search.
- More role plays and interactive activities in each chapter to engage students inside and outside the classroom by practicing selling skills (for in-person and online classes). Instructor Resources include:
- Sales Shark Tank—Capstone Team Sales Project including outline and framework for a sales proposal and sales presentation.
- LinkedIn semester-long project to give students a head start on their profile and network.
- Book is customizable for individual professor needs.
This textbook is suitable for the following courses: Marketing, Personal Selling, Sales, Selling, Salesmanship, Professional Selling.
Richmond’s goal in writing The Power of Selling was simple: To make the selling process come alive for students in the classroom, to teach students how to apply the fundamentals of selling, how to sell themselves, and to get the job they want with the same process professional sales people learn for their own selling skills. This textbook uses the traditional selling tenets as its foundation and adapts the concepts to the rapidly changing world of business in today’s environment, including the use of Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, blogs, wikis, and other interactive ways of connecting with customers.
New in This Version
- Chapter dedicated to social selling (using social media to make connections and build relationships).
- Selling U section focused on helping students leverage social media for their personal brand and internship and job search including short step-by-step “how to…” videos.
- Social selling meets personal branding – LinkedIn semester-long project to give students a head start on their profile and network.
- Updated real world stories, examples and videos featuring sales professionals to demonstrate key concepts in each chapter.
- More role plays and interactive activities in each chapter to engage students inside and outside the classroom by practicing selling skills (for in person and online classes).
- Sales Shark Tank - Capstone Team Sales Project including outline and framework for a sales proposal and sales presentation.
- Autograded quizzes embedded in the online reader offer multiple choice questions that reinforce student learning.
FlatWorld Homework includes multi-format questions written specifically for your FlatWorld book, which you can access through our stand-alone interface or integrate with your learning management system.
Request a demo
Prepared by the author, this instructor manual contains sample syllabi (16- and 10-week terms), suggestions for coordinating the supplement program with the book and lectures, videolinks, chapter summaries, ideas for class discussions and activities, and recommended assignments and projects with a focus on hands-on application and real-world experiences. Includes an individual LinkedIn activity, descriptions of voice thread/discussion board activities, and a capstone team project. All projects and assignments have been thoroughly class tested.
PowerPoint Lecture Notes
Prepared by the author and organized by chapter section, the PowerPoint slides are colorful and easy to pair with a lecture. The author provides extensive teaching notes for each slide and embedded hotlinks to resources and activities. You can either cut and paste sections or use the presentation as a whole.
PowerPoint Lecture Notes
Test Generator - powered by Cognero
FlatWorld has partnered with Cognero, a leading online assessment system, that allows you to create printable tests from FlatWorld provided content.
Test Bank Files for Import to Learning Management Systems
For your convenience, we've packaged our test items for easy import into Learning Management Systems like Blackboard, Brightspace/D2L, Canvas, Moodle, or Respondus.
Test Item File
Need assistance in supplementing your quizzes and tests? This book's test-item files (in Word format) prepared by the author contain multiple-choice, fill-in-the-blank, and short-answer questions with answer rubrics. All items are ranked for level of difficulty.
Sample syllabi provide useful templates to help new faculty adopters revise their teaching plans to match their assigned FlatWorld textbook or lend insights to existing adopters on how to organize their classes.Download
At FlatWorld, we take pride in providing a range of high-quality supplements alongside our titles, to help instructors teach effectively. Supplements are available for instructors who have registered their adoption with us. If you need to review or preview something specific, please contact us.
Already registered? Sign in here